Friday, September 30, 2011

dxContent outtage & conversation with Tech support

Thank you for contacting support.

Please hold for the next available operator to respond.

You are now chatting with '[Name Redacted]'

[Name Redacted]: Hi, how are you today?

Brian Dunn: ok.

Brian Dunn: any page on my website that is asp is not working.

Brian Dunn: its been that way for at least 45 min

[Name Redacted]: I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Brian Dunn: nobody has responded to my support request via the online form

[Name Redacted]: Did you receive any error message?

Brian Dunn: Tracking #

Brian Dunn: http/1.1 500 Server error

Brian Dunn: trackign number 8815675

[Name Redacted]: Could you please provide me with the exact URL of the web page in which you are receiving the error?

Brian Dunn: http://www.dxcontent.com/TR_GeneratorLibrary.asp

[Name Redacted]: Thank you!

[Name Redacted]: I have run a tool from my end to resolve the issue. However, it will take 1 hour to propagate.

Brian Dunn: what kind of tool?

Brian Dunn: What is the issue?

Brian Dunn: hello?

[Name Redacted]: It is the backend tool which reset the file permissions

Brian Dunn: how did the file permissions get messed up?

[Name Redacted]: Due to a technical glitch, it has occured.

Brian Dunn: can you better describe "technical glitch"?

Brian Dunn: hello?

[Name Redacted]: The permissions for your website got corrupted due to some technical glitch.

[Name Redacted]: I corrected it and it will work after 1 hour.

Brian Dunn: are you going to check it in 1 hour to be sure?

[Name Redacted]: It will work after 1 hour.

[Name Redacted]: If you experience any issues, please contact us back.

Brian Dunn: Oh, I will.

[Name Redacted]: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Brian Dunn: do yo uknow how long the glitch has been an issue?

[Name Redacted]: I

[Name Redacted]: I'm sorry, Brian.

Brian Dunn: Other pages in my site (like html ) work... was it permissions only on asp?

[Name Redacted]: Yes BRian

Brian Dunn: The problem is I'm going camping in an hour and won't be able to check my site after 5pm. So I'm just tryng to make sure we've done all we can to make sure we've identified the correct issue... otherwise my site will be down till I get back Sunday.

[Name Redacted]: I can understand your concern.

[Name Redacted]: it will be resolved within one hour

Brian Dunn: okay I will check. before I leave.

[Name Redacted]: Okay.

[Name Redacted]: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Brian Dunn: no.

[Name Redacted]: Thank you for chatting with us. Please feel free to contact us at any time. We are available 24x7.

[Name Redacted]: Bye!

Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.

2 comments:

  1. Methinks you were chatting up a person from a land far, far away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May you never find yourself in a conversation with [name redacted].

    ReplyDelete